- 1 Aadhar Card Correction Form (Name, Address, Mobile Number, DOB)
- 1.1 Aadhar Card Correction in Simple Steps
- 1.2 Simple Steps to Change your Name, Contact Information, Date of Birth and Address on your Aadhaar Card
- 1.3 List of Documents Required for Updating or Altering your Aadhaar Details
- 1.4 Why is it important to keep your Aadhaar card up to date?
Aadhar Card Correction Form (Name, Address, Mobile Number, DOB): Aadhaar card is one of the most important identification proofs that are followed in the present years by the Government of India. With validating your bio-data and identity with one single card like Aadhaar card, the process has become simpler. What makes the process too easy is the fact that we can access all the activities online, at any given period of time. This identity proof has successfully bid goodbye to the long queues outside government offices.
At times, it is often necessary to edit any mistakes that you may have made in your course of making your Aadhaar card. Through the official Aadhaar card site, now you can update or do Aadhaar card Correction Form by updating or altering the name, contact details, date of birth, provided on the card, by following few simple steps.
Aadhar Card Correction Form (Name, Address, Mobile Number, DOB)
What is Aadhar card?
Aadhaar card is an identification card which was introduced by the Indian government under the Unique Identification Authority of India, which is a government organization, established in 2009 that collects data from based on biometric and demographic identity.
How influential is this rather new Identification system?
Though Aadhaar card has been introduced in the recent past, the effect of it has a far reach across the whole country. The recent statistics show that about 11.171 billion people have created their unique identity by enlisting for this identification system. All the states have responded very swiftly to the advent of Aadhaar which has led to its huge success.
Aadhar Card Correction in Simple Steps
When you need to change your details provided on your Aadhaar card or wish to update under unavoidable circumstances, there are many simple ways in which you can edit your bio-data. The procedures are not very complicated, once you’re aware of it, you can simply solve issues that you might be having with your Aadhaar card.
Here we are about to provide you Aadhaar card correction solutions with the help of which you can edit, change and update your Aadhaar card as long as you have official documentation that will be able to support the changes you are making.
- First, it is important to remember that when you’re opting to change your name on your Aadhaar card, you must have an Identity proof that will support the changes you are making. These documents are required to be uploaded to the website when you are looking to replace the already registered name with another new name. Thus, it is vital to have a supporting identity proof to state your reason forAadhaar card correction.
- Address change is not regarded as a very important alteration to your Aadhaar card unlike changing a person’s name. But in case you are shifting cities or moving to urbanized sectors for the availability of finer facilities, changing your address on Aadhaar card becomes important. Under these circumstances, you are required to provide your registered address along with the new address to justify your Aadhaar card correction.
- Changing date of birth is the most common practice in updating or altering Aadhaar card. This may be due to various reasons such as making one eligible to apply for job prospects and also for getting into new academic courses and more. Under such circumstances, it is important to attach and upload a copy of your original birth certificate during this alteration. The whole process can be executed online.
Simple Steps to Change your Name, Contact Information, Date of Birth and Address on your Aadhaar Card
With the whole process of Aadhaar card correction being online, you can now update or correct your Aadhaar card content by visiting the official e-Aadhaar website: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update.
Prior to visiting the website, make sure you have a registered mobile number with the e-Aadhaar portal. Once you have a registered number, just follow the simple steps mentioned to change successfully.
- Once you visit the update or alter segment of the e-Aadhaar page, you will see a text box asking for your Aadhaar number which has 12 digits.
- In the column below that, you will see a verification notification.
- Simply click on the ‘SEND OTP’ option button.
- Following this action, you will receive a text message on your registered number which will include a 6 digit OTP (One Time Password), fill the password and continue your work.
- After this, you’ll have to choose the detail you wish to change and also the language.
- After this step, upload the document which is to be altered or updated. This will enable you to make the necessary changes.
List of Documents Required for Updating or Altering your Aadhaar Details
Here is a list of various documents that are required to support your Aadhaar card changes. Make sure you have these documents and that they are UIDAI approved to be used under these circumstances.
Aadhaar card requires Proof of Identity (POI) documents for carrying forward various corrections. These documents must be presented at the time of proceeding with your Aadhaar card corrections.
Documents Required For Aadhar Card Name Correction
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- Ration card
- PDS Photo card
- Government ID card
- Arms License
- NREGS Job Card
- Photobank ATM card
- Photo credit card
- Photo ID card which has been by a recognizable educational institute
- Pensioner photo ID card
- Kissan Photo Passbook
- Identity certificate provided by a Gazetted Officer/ Tehsildar on a proper letterhead
- Identity proof which has been issued by Department of Posts
- Disability ID card
- Gazette notification, etc.
Documents Required For Aadhar Card Date of Birth Correction
- Certificate of Birth
- SSLC Certificate
- Birth certificate which has been issued by a gazetted officer on an official letterhead
Documents Required For Aadhar Card Address Correction
- Voter ID card
- Ration card
- Bank passbook
- Electricity bill (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance policy
- Property tax receipt
- Water bill
- Telephone connection bill (not older than 3 months)
- ID Card issued by PSU
- Insurance policy
- Arms license
- Kissan passbook
- Pensioner card
- NREGS job card
- CGHS/ECHS card
- Income tax assessment order letter
- Vehicle registration certificate
- LPG cylinder connection bill, etc.
Why is it important to keep your Aadhaar card up to date?
Aadhaar has become one of the most important identification proofs of every Indian citizen. These cards are now being introduced to every vertical of institutional practices. As a result, the banks and telecommunication companies are prompting us to link our Aadhaar card with all these services. As the Aadhaar card contains our biometric imprints, it is very important to have Aadhaar card correction if you’re having any issues with the details you have furnished before or if you want to update and change some of the details in your Aadhaar card.